Re: libcurl github race condition

On 1/10/2016 10:28 PM, Jon Neal wrote:
> I'm currently playing around with the idea of having actual git
> integration rather than downloading footprint files from github on the
> fly, which was extremely poorly thought out IMO. (FWIW I am of the
> opinion that for the next release the default libs should shipped
> locally. The github integration should be for people who want to use it
> for their own libs, but that can be discussed later).

I'm fine with shipping default versions of footprint libraries.  There
would be some additional work for the package devs so you would have to
get their buy in.  There are good arguments both for and against this.
I actually like having the latest footprint libs available rather that
have to manually use git to keep local repos up to date.

> I'll try to finish laying out what I think would be a good structure and
> finish doing research on libraries to use for this in the next week and
> send out an RFC to the list.

As for git integration, that's fine by me.  I will require this to be a
separate plugin rather than a replacement for the github plugin and a
build option because not everyone will want to drag in the git library
dependency when they build KiCad.

Cheers,

Wayne