Is there a way to design PCB's cooperatively with a 3D Cad program?

Hi,

We are designing our prototypes first in a 3D design software, like
Sketchup. This is mandatory since we have to know there is a conflict with
our circuit (connectors, IC's, etc) and the physical environment.

We thought that if we have an option to import footprints' 3D models into
SketchUp, we may use them while designing our products, like in the
attachment. So we don't have to find them from web or draw them manually.

After we satisfy with the 3D design, we have to draw exactly same pcb as in
the 3D design in PcbNew.

Is there a way to achieve these automatically?

1. Import 3D models of footprints from Kicad to Sketchup
2. Export edge cuts and these imported connectors' placements from Sketchup
to PcbNew

Thanks.