Re: [RFC] Intra-sheet links and dangling ERC checks

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my intra-sheet links and dangling wire ERC
work which I had undertaken in part to see how hard it'd be to hack on
eeschema, and in part because it was a set of features I missed from when I
used to work in Mentor Graphics' Designview workflow.

I have since rebased the patch series found at:

     https://github.com/kinnison/kicad-source-mirror

(interlinks branch)

On recent master (on Saturday in fact) and verified that it still seems to
behave okay.  I then sat down and wrote a blog post about the work I'd
done, its features, and then a bit of a story about how it might be used
in anger.

     http://blog.digital-scurf.org/posts/intralinks/

I realise that it's a lot to ask for people to start poking at stuff,
especially when the patches are not being posted to the list; but at this time
I'm not after code review (that will come later when I've tidied the code up,
should I get enough interest); but rather in a review of the concept and idea
behind intra-sheet link elements.

If anyone does have the time and inclination to give the blog post a read, and
even better, if after that the inclination to give the code a quick play with,
I would appreciate any and all feedback which doesn't center around the fact
that my editor has managed to tabify certain bits of the diff.  I promise I'll
convert those back to spaces if I submit patches to the list :-)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69