Re: Legacy Canvas Mousewheel Behavior?

> On 01.03.2016, at 19:08, Garth Corral <gcorral@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Even on Linux I think this behavior is wrong.  I can’t think of any applications where shift-modified scrollwheel causes vertical scrolling.  If an unmodified scrollwheel does that, and shift-modified commonly does horizontal scrolling it just seems wrong that shifting it should cause vertical scrolling in the case where the default action is to zoom.  It’s just confusing.  At the very least the modifier should be changed to some other key in that case.

I agree with you, but I don’t want to discuss which one is best here.

But if it really should do a horizontal scroll on shift-wheel then IMHO it is a wxWidgets bug that it doesn’t change axis on Windows/Linux.
If it would have done that, Linux and Windows guys wouldn’t have been able to shift/ctrl-scroll since rev4505.
I guess that would have been brought up very early… :)

Regards,
Bernhard