eeschema & Cut/Copy/Paste

Hi all,

as discussed in another mail I fixed the “Save Block” from context menu on OS X (patch to come…).

Now, I tried to understand how the Cut/Copy/Paste buttons in the toolbar should work to be (hopefully) able to also fix those buttons on OS X.
I tried 4.0.2 on Linux, but…

(1) Are these Cut/Copy/Paste icons just intended to work (getting enabled) when a block is selected?
==> I guess so…?

(2) What is Cut intended to do? In my tests it does
(2a) Select block, Cut and Copy get enabled
(2b) Click on Cut
(2c-1) Selection is deleted, “moving" copy disappears, but Paste is not enabled
  OR
(2c-2) Selection is deleted, “moving" copy disappears, but Paste inserts a previous selection
==> Looks like a bug?

(3) For Copy:
(2a) Select block, Cut and Copy get enabled
(2b) Click on Copy
(2c) “Moving" copy disappears, Paste is enabled
(2d) Click on Paste inserts selection as a “moving” copy
==> Looks OK.

Regards
Bernhard

Follow ups