Re: Merging 3d_initial_merge branch.

Le 05/04/2016 13:23, Mário Luzeiro a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the ccpcheck suggestion JP, that was something I was looking for some time...
> (I found already a bug with that!)
>
> "There are still quite a few "variable not used" warnings but those
> are in code contributed by Mario so I have left them alone for now."
>
> I am running this also in my branch and found that issues.
> I am not sure why but they are false positives, I guess it is the way the structures are constructed, example:
>
> GLM_ALIGNED_STRUCT(CLASS_ALIGNMENT) RAY
>
> is uses a define GLM_ALIGNED_STRUCT from GLM library.
> probably cppcheck is not able to resolve this define in a proper way.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Mario

Cppcheck, like all static analyzers, is useful to find some errors and mistakes.

However, it is not usually possible (and perhaps not good) to fix all "errors" find by a static
analyzer.
There are always false positive or issues detected by the detected which cannot really happen due to
the logic of the code.

Just, be sure remaining errors or warnings are acceptable (false positive),
and actual errors and warnings are fixed.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS