Re: Reading eagle's lbrs directly

On 4/8/2016 8:55 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 08/04/2016 14:38, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> By lbr file do you mean schematic component libraries or board footprint
>> libraries?  If you mean component libraries than Nick's comments apply
>> and the schematic plugin doesn't exist yet but is part of the current
>> development cycle.  If you mean footprint libraries, then they have not
>> been implemented yet.  See the commented out section at the bottom of
>> pcbnew/eagle_plugin.cpp for the plugin functions that need to be
>> implemented to support handling eagle footprint libraries.
>>

> AFAIK, the .lbr footprint libraries plugin was written by Dick, and .lbr Eagle footprint libraries
> (in xml format, version 6.2) are currently natively supported by Pcbnew (Read only, of course)

This is correct.  There is no support for Eagle schematic symbol
libraries as of right now.  Once the schematic I/O plugin and new file
formats are written, Eagle schematic and symbol library support can be
added.  I have already roughed out the schematic I/O plugin in my
development branch but it's now where near usable and it will most
likely be around the end of summer until I have something ready to
commit for handling the legacy file formats.  It will probably be a
couple of months after that before the new file format work is complete.