Re: New pcbnew features and versioning

Hi All,

On 11/04/16 07:37, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> Let's slow down and think about this a bit.  I'm not sure that this is
> the best way to resolve this.  Let me chew on it a bit and I will get
> back to you.  I've been busy today so hopefully by tomorrow I'll have an
> answer.
Wayne,
Off the cuff I'd propose a single "used features" block in the file format.
This would purely be a list of features that are used by this file. then
it's easy for the loading software to confirm what it supports
eg: roundrect-1, angletext-33
the appended number can be used to differentiate between non backwards
compatible versions of a feature

This would be fairly easy to implement, and trivial to test at file load
The hardest part would be spending the time to go through and define the
struct to the project that records every feature we care about.
Although that could be done by only adding features to that struct when
a change is made from now on.

Regards
David G