Re: 0.1 degrees

Le 11/04/2016 16:07, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> On 4/11/2016 9:43 AM, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 11/04/2016 15:12, Nick Østergaard a écrit :
>>> In addition I would vote for a proper validator that accepts units. We
>>> already have the feature to enter 42.34 mm even if you are in inch
>>> mode globally. With the wxvalidator you can not enter letters at all,
>>> and hence not the unit.
>>
>> For this feature, see:
>> double DoubleValueFromString(  EDA_UNITS_T aUnits, const wxString& aTextValue );
>> It accepts units and both separators in the text value (for angles, degrees or radians).
>
> This isn't a validator.  DoubleValueFromString() has to be called after
> the data is entered into the text control.  Properly designed validators
> will filter illegal characters and display error messages if the
> validation fails.  It's a much cleaner design.  Eventually I would like
> to see most if not all of our dialogs use validators.  We just need to
> create a decent set of stock validators that handle the data entry we
> use.  Once we have a decent set of stock validators, it should be fairly
> trivial to fix our dialogs.

Of course, it is not a validator, but shows what a good validator should accept.

Just when creating validators for values (coordinates, angles) keep in mind the presence of units,
taking in account the I18n constraints.
A validator for coordinates and angles is more complicated than the wxValidators from wxWidgets, if
we want to specify units in values (I have to say I do not use this feature, but it currently exists)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS