Re: DIALOG_ORIENT_FOOTPRINTS

Le 13/04/2016 09:47, Clemens Koller a écrit :
> Hello, There!
>
> I didn't use that functionality in KiCad, but in my other designtool I ran into
> the following case:
>
> - There is a finished design X.
>
> - The footprint library envolves over a year and lots of footprints
> get migrated in it's zero orientation from pin 1 is on lower left to
> pin 1 is on upper left.
>
> - Now, design X needs an update. I want to update all my footprints to
> be up-to-date with my latest library.
> Then, the footprints with the changed zero orientation need an additional
> added +-90° or +-270° rotation while they get updated from library.
> This was not easy to achieve without manual work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clemens

Yes, I understand.

The old dialog set a given orientation to all specified footprints.
This is not an incremental rotation.
This is not what you need.

And new footprints can have an other orientation, but also an other anchor position and other subtle
changes.

What you want is more a job for a python script.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS