Debian and Ubuntu packaging.

Do we have any Debian developers on our mailing list?  I though I saw a
Simon Richter on Planet Debian.  Is that you Simon?  Can someone tell me
why the Debian package devs decided to build KiCad with the GitHub
plugin disabled?  Is it a build issue or a licensing issue?  Avhttp is
licensed under the boost license so it shouldn't be due to licensing
issues.  A warning would have been nice before we were blind sided by a
bunch of bug reports.  I don't have time to look it up right now so if
someone has time to do some digging I would appreciate it.

Thanks,