Re: What's still missing in GAL?

Hi Chris,

Have a look at the last summary, commented by Wayne [1] and a few
reports tagged as such [2]. Perhaps we need to have a software renderer
that offers decent speed, then we can either use wxDC or try to boost
Cairo GAL performance (I have done some minor improvements [3], but
probably they need to be rebased).

I agree that coding with dual canvases in mind is challenging at times,
as it is easy to break either one or the other. Currently I am stuck
with undo buffer refactoring, putting extra effort to modify the code
and without adding regressions in the legacy canvas.

Any help in this field would be appreciated.

Regards,
Orson

1.
https://www.mail-archive.com/kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg19323.html