Re: 3D-Viewer - Request for merge evaluation

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the comments.

> It seems that it cannot abort while performing the post processing shader.

True, but.. What CPU do you have?
It should take just hundreds of ms ... up to <1s depending on many cores you have.

> When in opengl mode and you hit the render button, it will show the lowres raytrace.
> I think it might be better to keep showing the last opengl image instead of the lowres raytrace, maybe.

I implemented that suggestion, check my latest branch updates.

> Also, there is a black border when in raytracing mode.
> When I resize the window it will short of change in jumps.
> I assume this is because you have a "discrete" size for the image itself.
> Is this something you plan to change/fix?

At this moment it is not an easy change.
But with your previous suggestion and some other changes I did (in raytracing mode preview) it may looks more OK.

The render is optimized in ray packages. One possible solution will be in future to render to a bigger than screen buffer resolution, then draw that buffer on the windows. That will waste some computation but should be OK.

Anyway... a black frame is something that increase the value price of your picture ;)

Mario

I just tried to test this, and I will comment a bit.