Re: KiCad library installation (in Linux and others)

Hi,

On 29.06.2016 15:03, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

> Sounds like we need separate installation instructions for Debian and
> it's derivatives and the PPA and some helpful notes about the differences.

I'm going to poke Jean-Samuel and Georges about this. It is a rather
annoying state of affairs. JS's packages should probably learn to pull
in the libraries (because that is what Fabrizio stumbled over), and both
sets of packages need to be aware of each other and declare conflicts so
the other is uninstalled.

Ideally, we'd merge them both into one, so we can handle the older
Ubuntu releases as simple backports of the existing Debian package.

There is a lot of duplicate effort here. Also, IMO users should stay
away from daily builds unless they have a good reason.

   Simon