Re: About Bug 1604841: Pcbnew crash at moving via, and boost::context fixes to make it compatible with boost 1.61

Le 31/07/2016 à 19:00, Michael Steinberg a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> of course! So I'm not to sure if 1.60 is supposed to work on windows, I think I read it might be
> bugged for that specific version and platform combination. I will investigate that. However the
> intent was to not change anything behaviorial for boost version < 1.61, so if a 1.54-version build
> is not working after that patch, then the macro'ed code is wrong. I apologize sincerely and
> investigate subtleties tonight.
>
> Michael

This kind of code is not easy to test.
So thanks to work on it.

I don't know is there are issues specific to 1.60 on Windows.
The stable (4.02) kicad version compiled (on W7 32bits) with boost 1.60 does not crash.
The 1.60 is the current boost version which comes with msys2 ( and gcc5.4 )

(the lastest  msys2 update uses gcc6.1, but the wxWidgets build coming from msys2 is not compatible
with 6.1, at least in 32 bit version)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS