Re: New eeschema file format

Chris Pavlina wrote:
> Very good point about the start/end points. eeschema doesn't currently
> support that - it can't fill enclosed regions that are enclosed by
> multiple graphical objects - but this would ensure it could in the
> future with minimal changes. Okay - I'm for using start/end instead of
> angles, then. I'd still like to get rid of the redundant info, though.

You can't entirely win this :-)

If you use center, start, and end point, one could still diverge.

In fped, I solved this as follows: I have center, start point
(defining radius and angle), and end point (defining angle).
No matter where the end point is, its distance from the center is
(and has to be) ignored.

So there's still no guarantee for perfect arcs. But you can at
least make sure that the endpoints are at well-defined locations,
even if the arc might (but shouldn't) go elsewhere.

- Werner