Re: New eeschema file format

On 03.08.2016 05:12, Werner Almesberger wrote:
Chris Pavlina wrote:
Very good point about the start/end points. eeschema doesn't currently
support that - it can't fill enclosed regions that are enclosed by
multiple graphical objects - but this would ensure it could in the
future with minimal changes. Okay - I'm for using start/end instead of
angles, then. I'd still like to get rid of the redundant info, though.

You can't entirely win this :-)

If you use center, start, and end point, one could still diverge.

In fped, I solved this as follows: I have center, start point
(defining radius and angle), and end point (defining angle).
No matter where the end point is, its distance from the center is
(and has to be) ignored.

How about two variants to define arcs:
1) Center point, start angle, end angle
2) start point, end point, radius.
Both of them completely describe arcs, both of them has no diverge, both of them are usable in particular situation.

--
Regards,
  Sergey A. Borshch            mailto: sb-sf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx