Ideas about improving of the *.kicad_mod filestructure and *.pretty directories

Hy,

as Library maintainer I got some insights about the various file formats and as well their current
limits. Inspired by the current eeschema file format rework I would propose some changes for the
footprint files as well.

Adding features which are planned for eeschema (or already implemented):

 * bezier function
 * properties
 * datasheet urls

Other ideas:

 * adding something like a group attribute or allow folders inside *.pretty folders.

   Currently our *.pretty folders are getting bigger and bigger and adding an additional level
   in the tree selector would likely improve UX. (For example we have now a *.pretty folder
   with >500 footprints of a single manufacturer)

 * From what I learned, *.pretty folders are currently specified to only contain *.kicad_mod files.
   From a logical view (As well as for maintainability and consistency) we should add the 3d files
   into those directories as well.

 * there are cases where footprints need cuttings inside the pcb, which are not round or oval.
   It's possible to use Edge.Cuts inside the footprint (with external editing) which works, but
   it would be a good idea to specify this case. (Which would also allow us to display those
   footprints correctly inside the 3d viewer)

Regards,

Thomas Pointhuber