Re: Differential pair settings per net class

On 08/12/2016 05:57 PM, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 05:18:57PM +0200, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>> There is a set of patches for the PNS router [1] coded by Tom that we
>> would like to commit soon (a few teasers: locking tracks & vias,
>> removing tracks while the router is active, 45-degree tuning meanders).
>>
>> One of the changes adds a possibility to specify differential pairs
>> width & gap per net class and stores the information in .kicad_pcb file.
>>
>> As there is a file format change, we need to bump the file format
>> revision. I believe it would be better to do so for a bigger change set,
>
> Why? I'd bump the format revision once for every new added feature, and
> add features once per commit. What does lumping them together gain us?
>
>> hence the question: does anyone have modifications to the .kicad_pcb
>> file format stashed? If so, it might be the right time to apply them.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>>
>> 1.
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~orsonmmz/kicad/+git/kicad/+ref/tom-pns-aug05-rebased

I am trying to avoid a situation when we get bug reports with bazillion
different file formats. We have already got a few bug reports regarding
rounded rectangle pads that are supported in nightlies, but not in
4.0.3-stable.

Committing file format changes in bulk means fewer revisions, and as
such should be easier to handle. Especially if KiCad testers share their
design files, which is a common case.

If there are no objections or foreseen file format changes, I would like
to merge the branch this week.

Regards,
Orson