Re: update on STEP visualization

Hi Simon,

OK, thanks for the info.
The problem that plugins won’t work in user folders because of being
dependant on libkicad_3dsg was already there when I did it back then.
I just checked if a plugin was found correctly.

If I remember correctly we started a discussion in the mailing list on how
to handle this and what would be a strategy about out-of-tree plugins,
but we didn’t reach a conclusion.

So yes, I fully agree… plugins either have to be completely self
contained, only link to system libraries, or be bundled with KiCad.

There are still OSX plugin bundles… I never used them and I don’t
know if they would help with this.

Regards,
Bernhard