Re: Enabling Python scripting for Eeschema

This is on my todo list but not until after the schematic I/O plugin and
new file format work is completed.  The reason for this is most (but not
all) of the tight coupling you mention is in the current file I/O so any
attempt to create a python library for eeschema will be have to be
changed accordingly.  If you want to start working on it, I'm fine with
that but be prepared for lots of changes over the next few months.
Also, it will have to be done with swig.  Take a look at our pcbnew
scripting support for how swig was used to wrap the board objects.