Re: OCE plugin for 3D viewer

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry it took so long.  I took a look at Cirilo's changes an it looks
> good.  We still need a PKGBUILD file for msys2 with JPs patch so we
> don't have to build oce from source.
>
> When I merge Cirilo's 3d-plugin branch and I had to create a commit
> message which made me the commit author.  This seems brain dead to me.
> Here is the new commit log entry:
>
> commit 12c26047bffd54ccbb88348acfe7f653556450da
> Merge: fcedef8 b656a81
> Author: Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Thu Sep 1 11:59:44 2016 -0400
>
>     Merge remote-tracking branch 'cirilo/3d-plugin'
>
> I really only want to show Cirilo's commit log entries as a new commit.
> WTF! I'm liking git less every time I use it.  What do I need to do to
> get the correct commit history from Cirlo's 3d-plugin branch?

Cirilo's commit history remains intact in the merged branch, you just
need to walk through that branch instead of master when reading the
commit logs. If cirilo's branch was rebased to the current master you
could do a fast-forward merge, which would graft his commits into the
master branch and make his last commit the "new master". In either
case the history is perfectly readable.