Re: RFC: use of DXF files

Hello.

I don't know how others see DXF (DWG too?) useful, but I find the file
format implementation situation somewhat chaotic:

- Bert Timmerman is actively developing libdxf (https://github.com/bert/libdxf).

- A try to isolate dxf code from LibArea project:
https://github.com/thatcadguy/dxf-cpp https://github.com/Heeks/libarea

- libdxfrw, born from the LibreDWG controversy to license it to GPLv3
instead something like LGPL:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/tree/master/libraries/libdxfrw

- libdxf, I have no idea but it's in the LibreCAD repo:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/tree/master/libraries/dxflib

- There's LibDWG fork using GPLv3 too, but not so actively developed.

- Libopencad (https://github.com/sandyre/libopencad), but it uses
muparser with the GPL-incompatible IBM's Common Public License.

Why so much projects for only DXF and DWG formats?

Kind regards.