Re: OCE plugin for 3D viewer

> Sorry it took so long.  I took a look at Cirilo's changes an it looks
> good.  We still need a PKGBUILD file for msys2 with JPs patch so we
> don't have to build oce from source.
>
> When I merge Cirilo's 3d-plugin branch and I had to create a commit
> message which made me the commit author.  This seems brain dead to me.
> Here is the new commit log entry:
>
> commit 12c26047bffd54ccbb88348acfe7f653556450da
> Merge: fcedef8 b656a81
> Author: Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Thu Sep 1 11:59:44 2016 -0400
>
>     Merge remote-tracking branch 'cirilo/3d-plugin'
>
> I really only want to show Cirilo's commit log entries as a new commit.
> WTF! I'm liking git less every time I use it.  What do I need to do to
> get the correct commit history from Cirlo's 3d-plugin branch?
>
> On 9/1/2016 7:35 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>> I would also like to see this merged (I have only tested the out of
>> tree plugin), but I suggest that the build switch is named something
>> prefixed with "KICAD_" like most other kicad specific build switches
>> are, except for the github plugin.  Maybe KICAD_USE_OCE.
>
> For the sake of consistency, we probably should prefix everything with
> KICAD_.  I always liked the autotools --with- and --enable- prefixes for
> config options.  There is no consistency as far as cmake goes.  CMake
> should have adopted a standard prefix naming convention for options.
>

>> And to that I will add that Documentation/development/compiling.md
>> should be updated too to reflect the usage for that compile switch, :)
>
> Yes, we need to be keeping these up to date.

So would a patch to change USE_OCE to KICAD_USE_OCE with description
be accepted?

Aslo, I note that the recently introduced option USE_SCH_IO_MANAGER is
also missing a prefix and it not decribed in compiling.md either.
Should that be changed too?

There are also USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT and USE_WX_OVERLAY, but I think
I will ignore those two.