SWIG binding

Hello all,

when activating python bindings on my msvc build with a few refactor commits applied, it came to my attention that SWIG simply does not support std::unique_ptr.

With this message I want to ask what is the common view whether it is okay to have SWIG thumbscrew the project's source code, considering there are alternative generators, and generatorless libraries like pybind11. Of those alternatives I would *personally* prefer the latter, as it is no black box and the binding generation is part of the normal c++ source code. There's been a discussion on the irc channel regardings this and also the dependency on having wx exported as well. So I thought the logical consequence would be to broaden the audience and move the discussion here.

Cheers!
Michael

Follow ups