pcbnew block repetition feature

Hi,

I want to add a new feature to pcbnew: block repetition, replication or whatever its name is.

I have already tested my program, but it is a C program (I'm a disaster as a C++ programmer) working outside Kicad.
So I need some help from other developers while I learn C++...

If someone is interested in collaborating in this feature, help is more than welcome!

My program places block modules in the same relative positions as an original block that has been placed by hand. It is very useful when the layout has at least two twin circuits with dozens of modules.

How do I define a block? A block is integrated by all the components into a hierarchical sheet. Two hierarchical sheets with the same hierarchical file are two twin blocks.

Unfortunately, it takes me some manual steps to extract the blocks from the .sch file, order the items by hierarchical sheet, read the coordinates of each module of the first sheet, set the coordiantes of the rest of the modules and edit the kicad_pcb file with the new module coordinates.

Furthermore, I'm sure this is not the way it must be done.

Regards,
Pedro.

Follow ups