Re: pcbnew block repetition feature

Hello, Pedro!

On 2016-10-18 15:53, Pedro Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to add a new feature to pcbnew: block repetition, replication or
> whatever its name is.

It is called Physical Design Reuse (PDR) at least in
some professional EDA toolchains.

Usually you select some objects in the layout to create a "Reuse". Then
you can safe/load/recreate that and pick suitable component references,
netnames, etc. out of the schematics in an intelligent way and place
the "Reuse(s)" in your Layout i.e. in an array.

If you need some details/ideas, I migh be able to provide some examples
from my EDA software (I'm currently just very busy).

Regards,

Clemens