OS X 10.12 Sierra (uh, macOS Sierra) observation

Just an observation. I updated my MacBook Pro to Sierra but hadn’t used Kicad on it until today (my main work machine is a 2008 iMac which can’t go past 10.11).

One of the features in 10.12 is that a lot of applications can now open new windows in tabs. Previously, only applications that were built to use tabs could do that (Safari, Finder).

I opened a project, then I opened the schematic, and a fun (funny) thing happened — the schematic was added as a tab to the same window as the project manager. Then I opened the layout, and now I have a third tab.

This is actually pretty cool, since Cmd-Tab doesn’t cycle through the individual Kicad program windows. And you can drag, say, the layout tab away from the window, and the layout then opens in its own window.

-a

Follow ups