Re: [RFC] DRAWSEGMENT polygon type vs non-copper zone

Hi Jean-Pierre,

On 11/17/2016 06:13 PM, jp charras wrote:
[snip]
> ZONE_CONTAINER is suitable for copper layer areas, because it handle the outline polygon (with
> holes) but also sub-polygons which are the actual copper filled areas, and all info (net, clearance)
>
> It looks to me a bit complicated to describe graphic filled (or not filled) polygons
> So DRAWSEGMENTs of S_POLYGON type is more suitable to handle one basic polygon.

I am glad that we share the same view.

> S_POLYGON is used in microwave tools, but also by bitmap2component.

You are right, I have not noticed bitmap2component before. Polygons
created by these two tools are always wrapped in a MODULE, but there is
no code to handle polygon DRAWSEGMENTs and I would like to fix this.

> When you are saying polylines do you mean a usual polyline (a not filled and not closed polygon)
> or a set of lines with no common end point?

I mean a common polyline, a piecewise linear curve.

Regards,
Orson