Re: Symbol library editor UI refactor

Hi Nick,

On 12/05/2016 11:46 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> It looks quite good. It looks way more user friendly and the fact that
> it updates instantly. I have not tested how it behaves if there are
> parts with the same name.

Currently the old rules apply, so if you have two components with the
same in different libraries, the library that is higher on the list
takes precedence. The editor should not let you create two components
with the same name within a single library.

> But I noticed that the toolbar form the left just seems to have been
> moved on the right and filling 50%, I guess that is just an
> intermediate commit.

Actually, I have not noticed that previously, so this might have been
modified by Michelle who has taken part in the development process. The
purpose of this call for testing is to discuss whether we want such
changes or not.
Personally, I prefer the current layout, but I realize it might not look
fine on smaller displays, so I am not going to be stubborn here.

> But I wonder if the filter should be able to also consider the library
> name. Currently it seems to only consider the parts. For example if I
> write the exact name for my library it will not show up in the tree
> view. It is quite usefull that you can position the tree view
> whereever you want. Just an idea, would it make sense that it can be
> closed, sort of like with the layer manager in pcbnew.

Two good points, thank you. I think the tree widget should visibility
should be toggled and surely it should display matching libraries as well.

Regards,
Orson