Re: Cairo boost

I just cloned the branch and I can confirm it compiles and runs without issue on macOS.

However, there *might* be some issues.  I am not sure if this is a problem specific to macOS, or is simply because it is still a work in progress, but antialiasing isn't working, at least for me (I'm on macOS 10.12.2b6).  Performance is quite good though.  If I can get this level of performance but with the features that make cairo so 'pretty', it'll be like Christmas came early :D.

I used the closest thing I have to a 'nightmare' pcb (from the perspective of the graphics library) for rendering.

This is how the standard (slow) cairo renderer looks to me in OS X:
https://metacollin.com/screens/upshot_m2aJ016Q.png <https://metacollin.com/screens/upshot_m2aJ016Q.png>

Here is the same pcb, rendered using the optimized cairo renderer:
https://metacollin.com/screens/upshot_dzPoOm5n.png <https://metacollin.com/screens/upshot_dzPoOm5n.png>

Is it supposed to look like that?  Apologies if this is just a matter of things still being worked on.

Oh, flip view also works fine but no refresh event is sent (or whatever), so the flip won't actually be reflected until I zoom or scroll.  No biggie, but should be a quick fix.