Re: Footprint properties: Normal, Normal+Insert

Am 14.12.2016 um 21:21 schrieb jp charras:
Le 14/12/2016 à 20:51, Chris Pavlina a écrit :
Can we rename "Normal" and "Normal+Insert" to "THT" and "SMT", or
"Through hole" and "Surface mount", or something similarly descriptive?
I *still* have to mouse over for the tooltip to remember which is
which...

I agree.
But do not use short names.

"Through hole component" and "Surface mount component", or something similar is better, because too
short names are *really* hard to translate.
Hello!
While I understand the argument, I have to confess that I don't particularly like when standard terms are translated to my language, especially if it takes screen estate. In the end you will need to learn them anyways. Then again it's no problem to simply use the english version in first place...