V5 features confusion

This is mostly directed at Wayne:

I read through your FOSDEM slides that you showed on hackaday recently (
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ng6CtJ1Hh6NU11UTRrbzZBYjg/view). It
looks like you included support for via stitching, removal of the legacy
canvas.

I'm quite surprised at this since neither of those items seem to have
happened and I was expecting a feature freeze soon since you had said V5
would be soon after FOSDEM.

Care to clarify on the current schedule for the release? It has been a
/long/ time since there has been a new major release and there are a /lot/
of huge features that have yet to be released. I'm tired of telling my
friends that only use stable about amazing features they can't use!! :)

Jon

Follow ups