Re: Component selector

Chris,

I had a chance to review the new footprint selector.  I like it so far
although it does seem a bit cramped with both preview window.  I'm not
sure there is much you can do about that.  I'm fine with you pushing
what you have done so far.

I do have one comment.  It it necessary to open the symbol viewer on a
left click in the symbol panel?  My initial instinct was to click on the
panel to set the focus to zoom and/or pan the symbol in the panel to get
a better view.  Maybe launching the symbol viewer should occur on a
double click.  Just food for thought.

I didn't get a chance to review the code but one thing I want to make
sure is that you are not adding UI code to any of the symbol or
footprint library objects.  The recent progress dialog patch added UI
code to the PART_LIBS object.  We (I) spent a lot of time uncoupling the
symbol library code from all things UI and now that has been undone.
I'll fix this when I implement the symbol library table.

Cheers,

Wayne