Re: [RFC] BOM Editor

On Tuesday 14 February 2017 07:20:23 Oliver Walters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been working on a BOM exporter built into KiCad (in addition to the
> external BOM script functionality that already exists).
>
> It's not ready yet to be merged but I am showing the progress here to get
> any input and in case anyone else is working on a similar feature.

I am working on a standalone tool which extracts component field values from
schematics
and looks-up the component, footprints and BOM-values in a database:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/msekicadbom.png
Component fields can be composed by macros:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/component.png
and be based on a component-kind-template:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/componentkind.png

MSEkicadBOM can be used to produce the various production and documentation
files:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/production.png
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/docuset.png

The code is here: