[RFC] BOM Editor

Hi all,

I have been working on a BOM exporter built into KiCad (in addition to the
external BOM script functionality that already exists).

It's not ready yet to be merged but I am showing the progress here to get
any input and in case anyone else is working on a similar feature.

Here's a screenshot of the current tool (launched from eeschema)

http://i.imgur.com/nb3mqqx.png

Features that are implemented thus far:
- Extract all component fields
- Group components based on user-selectable fields
- Show conflicts when groups cannot be merged
- Show/hide various columns
- Sort part references in natural fashion, e.g. C99 < C100
- CSV export
- TSV export
- HTML export

Features still to be implemented:
- Sort by column (ascending, descending)
- Save BOM preferences to project file
- Add filters to each column to include/exclude groups by wildcard or regex
- Back-annotate component data (bulk update all components in a group)

So, thoughts? I feel that a proper BOM tool has been sorely missing from
Kicad thus far.

If I continue to work on this is it something that is likely to be merged?

Regards,
Oliver

Follow ups