Re: Standalone mode.

That sounds good to me. On Linux (where people are more likely to
be using the command line) we can even appear to support the old
behavior by having symlinks to a single kicad executable and making
the executable launch the appropriate kiface based on its effective
program name (like busybox).

In short, we will only have 'kicad' but if we do:

ln -s kicad pcbnew
pcbnew myfile.kicad_pcb

then kicad will launch pcbnew with the specified parameters.
A second command-line mechanism should be made available
of course for generic command-line use - like maybe
kicad --pcbnew myfile_kicad_pcb

- Cirilo