Re: Fixing libcommon

On 03/19/17 16:23, Maciej Suminski wrote:
On 03/19/2017 01:03 AM, Reece R. Pollack wrote:
[snip]
I want to accomplish two goals:

1. Allow the user to set the origin from which the location of all
    objects is measured. Right now this is the upper left corner of
    whatever Paper size and orientation is selected in the Page
    Settings. The user should be able to set the origin to a more
    convenient location, such as a reference point on a PCB.
2. Allow the user to set the positive X and Y directions from that
    reference point. This would allow a user to display Y-axis
    coordinates increasing from bottom to top, or decreasing as it is now.

I want to accomplish these goals in a consistent manner across all
editors (Schematic, Footprint, and Layout) without causing major
revision to the internal representations.

Could this be integrated into the work your doing to handle internal
unit conversions?

-Reece
Hi Reece,

What I am planning is not really related to the features you mention.
Currently we have a few files that contain multiple #ifdef
PCBNEW/EESCHEMA/etc. and is compiled many times with different
definitions, which is not the right way to go.

The final goal is to make all files compile only once. To do so, I am
moving the code parts wrapped with ifdefs to corresponding applications.
It is a refactor, without adding any new features.

We had a plan for another refactor that could be more related to your
wishes. I can give you some details, if you are interested.

Regards,
Orson

I'm very interested in anything that would help me avoid duplicating effort or complicating planned development.

Thanks!

-Reece