Re: disable icons in menus by default on osx

I thought the reason that we added this option is so that users could
choose if they wanted to show the icons in menus.  I seem to remember
from the original discussion that some of our osx users didn't like the
fact that they were compiled out of osx builds.  Do we really need to
add the ugly #if defined()/#endif code?

As for the icon size, fixing that would likely not be trivial.  A long
time ago we used 16 X 16 images but users were complaining that they
were too small as display resolution increased so we increased them to
24 X 24.  We could create an image library with multiple size images to
resolve this issue.