Re: 3D Mouse (Spacenavigator) support

Hi Jost,

spacenavigator support has long been one of my top wishlist items in Kicad, and one of the main things that I miss from mostly using Altium - I thought about trying to implement it myself a couple of years ago, but at that time it seemed difficult to imagine anything like a "smooth" scrolling experience with the legacy canvas. That still seems like it might be the case in the schematic editor, though with the new canvas in the PCB editor seems like it could be achieved.

As far as libspnav goes, look through the source, it's actually pretty simple. I'm not sure how blender is doing it, or whether this is a good idea, but the device handling is actually pretty thinly veiled around evdev.

Dan W