Re: 3D Mouse (Spacenavigator) support

On 2017-05-15 02:07 PM, Thomas Kindler wrote:
I think it would be best in the 3D Viewer.

It would be really nice to be able to use a SpaceNavigator in the 3D viewer. It would also be useful to pan and zoom in eeschema and pcbnew.

After I've been using my SpaceNavigator while doing some 3D modelling in Rhino I find myself reaching for the device when I'm in other programs only to be disappointed.

The question becomes how to add the support. Blender 2.4x under Linux used to use an external daemon to provide support for the SpaceNavigator. In 2.5 and later they changed how the device was used as it no longer needed the daemon.

Don't forget to add a preference panel to allow adjusting the dead space and some other features of the device, and assigning functions to the two buttons.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.