Re: Hello & Questions to future Administration of Python Plugins

Hi Simon,
footprint library components are not very problematic for me because there
are already
so many in the standard kicad lib. In that department I feel it would be
great to just add
aliases so that when some manufacturer decides that a diode SOD123 should
be called
XYZ I can just look for XYZ (in an hypotetical search window that does not
yet exist) and
I find the SOD123 which has XYZ as alias.

Nevertheless I love Altium footprint wizard.... even thogh I almost never
used it.

What takes some of my time is the schematic lib component generation that
cannot really
be automated. So Once I have created a new component I guess I could just
submit it to
some github repo to be vetted by kicad librarians.

The problem of the existance of a librarian is also a hard issue to
solve... maybe guys at
Nvidia will fix that problem with some AI stuff.

When I mentioned the F1, F2, F3 buttons liked to python script I meant
sometihng like this:
[image: Inline image 1]

An other really time consuming process is the filling up of the schematic
library component
parameters from the mouser webpage..... god that is tedious.....

cheers
Fabrizio

PNG image