Re: how about writing a autoupdate program for kicad nightly version

Hi,

On 21.06.2017 08:18, liyoubdu wrote:

> how about writing a autoupdate program for kicad nightly version

There are two kinds of people who should use nightly builds: users who
absolutely need a new feature, and developers who want to test something
on a different platform -- especially the Windows build is really
difficult to set up correctly.

Users still need some stability. Once they've found a version that has
the required features, they are best off not touching the installation
unless there is some really annoying bug. Auto-installing a nightly may
mean waking up to a broken installation.

Developers generally don't install the nightly unless it's for testing.

What I'd like to see is some auto-update for the libraries, but that's
probably better handled inside the program. I have some ideas on how it
could work, but I really want to finish at least *one* feature branch
before starting another.

   Simon