Re: ATTN: Package Maintainers - RFC: Library Reorganization

Hi Diego,

> Thinking of naming, should we use "kicad-packages3d" to keep the same
> format (kicad-symbols)?

That's not a bad idea, I was considering this myself. It would make sense
to rename this before a v5 release

 On a separate note, how does this work with the future symbols (.sweet)?
> Would that happen on v5 as well? Would that be a different repo?

I'm not sure on the plan for .sweet in v5, I thought it was just the
symbol-table and .sweet was v6, which means that the reorganization will be
separate from the transfer to using .sweet libraries. I imagine there will
need to be some scripts written to convert all the symbols.

>  You say footprint libraries will remain as they are. Does that mean no
> unified repo?

For now, at least. I want to merge them into a single kicad-footprints repo
but this will require a lot of work because we have to maintain support for
users who use the GitHub plugin to access repositories individually. I have
yet to develop a clear plan to address this. One thing at a time :)

Thanks!