Re: [RFC] New color selector for GAL canvas, and more easy support of opacity.

Le 19/07/2017 à 10:01, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> Thank you, the new color picker looks very nice. I noticed is there is a
> typo in the right sizer ('RGB Values' vs 'HS Values'), and I am getting
> an assert when opening the dialog. Both problems are fixed in the
> attached patch.
>
> I do not want to be a complainer, but I would consider two things:
> - Turn the vertical 'Value' slider into a spin box control, so the look
> is consistent (RGB and HSV values selectors).
> - Do you think it would be hard to select color by clicking on the HSV map?
>
> No matter what is the answer to the above questions, I am in favor of
> committing the patch as in the current state it is already an improvement.
>
> Regards,
> Orson

Thanks Orson,

I committed you patch and added a few minor refinements in dialog.
One can now select a color by clicking on the HS map.

About the vertical 'Value' slider versus spin box control, the first version of this dialog was
using a spin box control.
A second version used both widgets.

After testing the dialog, I found the vertical slider much more easy to use, especially if you
consider it is useful not only for the HS map, but also to adjust the RVB selection.

I can re-add the spin box value control (it has the advantage the user can edit the value), but the
'Value' slider is in any case useful.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS