Re: Cursor behavior

Le 20/07/2017 à 13:27, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
> On 07/20/2017 12:37 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:14:40PM +0200, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>>> What do you exactly mean regarding the cursor behavior?
>>
>> For example the cursor moving on the grid and using space to take
>> measurement is way faster. AFAIK this is already WIP.
>
> Is not it past the WIP stage already? If you use any recent commit,
> please check it out and let me know if it does not work.
>
>> Also if you move a footprint in the GAL you use the point under the
>> cursor as anchor (not the component origin) so most of the time the
>> component gets placed out of grid.
>
> When you drag a single footprint, the anchor point is either one of its
> pads or the footprint origin. For multiple components the anchor is
> aligned to the grid, meaning that components will stay on the grid.
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Regards,
> Orson

AFAIK, for me "old" issues related to the cursor and grid are fixed.

AFAIK, when moving a single footprint, the anchor point is either one of its
pads or the footprint origin, the nearest candidate point from mouse cursor.

Perhaps the algorithm should be slightly modified to use the pad if the mouse cursor is inside a
pad, and the footprint origin if the mouse cursor is inside the footprint (obviously), but not
inside a pad.

It could be a more intuitive behavior.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS