Re: [RFC] Update Fields in eeschema

Le 25/08/2017 à 15:37, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
> The attached patches add to eeschema possibility of updating fields for
> components already placed on schematics sheet using library values.
>
> It is useful for users maintaining additional fields in libraries to
> store information that may change over time (e.g. Obsolete, URL fields).
>
> Regards,
> Orson

Looks good to me, but perhaps a few enhancements could be welcome:
- a minimal filtering of updated fields: especially value and footprint can be reset to a not wanted
text (Spice fields can also create issues if updated without filtering)
The first attempt I made to test this patch reseted these precious (value and fp) fields in a
generic component.
- perhaps (just an idea) add an option to update these fields for all similar (same library symbol
link) symbols.
Fields like Obsolete, URL fields can be obsolete for many similar symbols is schematic.

Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS