Re: [RFC] Update Fields in eeschema

On 08/26/2017 08:01 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 25/08/2017 à 15:37, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
>> The attached patches add to eeschema possibility of updating fields for
>> components already placed on schematics sheet using library values.
>>
>> It is useful for users maintaining additional fields in libraries to
>> store information that may change over time (e.g. Obsolete, URL fields).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>
> Looks good to me, but perhaps a few enhancements could be welcome:
> - a minimal filtering of updated fields: especially value and footprint can be reset to a not wanted
> text (Spice fields can also create issues if updated without filtering)
> The first attempt I made to test this patch reseted these precious (value and fp) fields in a
> generic component.
> - perhaps (just an idea) add an option to update these fields for all similar (same library symbol
> link) symbols.
> Fields like Obsolete, URL fields can be obsolete for many similar symbols is schematic.
>
> Thanks.

I have added a dialog where one can select the fields to be updated. The
dialog also allows the user to remove fields that do not occur in the
original libraries. I have pushed everything to the master branch.

Filtering by library symbol link might be added in the future, I would
not mind it.

Regards,
Orson