Re: [Patch] pcbnew clipboard support

On 09/25/2017 12:21 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:

Hi Kristoffer,

I've had some time to work on your code during the past few days (I
wasn't aware you're still improving it). I fixed the crashes, refactored
placement of pasted items, fixed the zone refill issue, added snapping
to item's anchors and selection of a reference point.

I was not sure that I would find time to improve the code myself.
I fixed the crashes, and refactored the placement, and fixed the zone-refill aswell.

The adding of a reference point I assume are all on the copy-side of the code, I have not changed that one in a while so that could be merged to either one of our branches

The only outstanding bug I'm aware of is with net code propagation (not
updated after pasting items).
I am not sure what you mean here? I add all the nets that are not existing on the current board and that are used by the imported items, I add them as new nets on the current board ( by creating a NETINFO_ITEM with -1 as netcode and adding it ) pcbnew_control.cpp:847-860 in my branch for an example of how. And it seems to work.

How do you want to proceed with this? I'd like to merge the copy&paste
feature as soon as possible.
I would also like the functionality merged as soon as possible and although it is unfortunate that we have now done some duplicate work, it seems you have made some more improvements than me. Merge what you seem fit.

Best,
Tom