Re: GitHub Plugin (my nemesis)

Is it possible to keep the 3d models ZIPed or RARed on disk and KiCAD
unpacks them on the fly as needed/used during the session/etc?

I am seeing 10x reduction in size when I pack the files whether they are
7.5MB or 120KB, both were reduced to 750KB and 10KB respectively.
That's a lot of space wasted if we're thinking of the poor designers with
limited disk space.